Posted by: admin under Java/J2EE Jobs
Skills/Knowledge: Broad Securities Knowledge, Hedge Funds, Java, SQL (Sybase or DB2/UDB or MS SQL Server), XML and UNIX, nightly batch processes
Duration: 1+ year
Hourly Rate: 55-75/hr
- 5+ years of experience in the securities business; Hedge Funds product knowledge a plus,
- Must have strong analytical and communications skills, and must be able to operate independently, interacting daily with users, peers, and management.
- 5-10 years of experience
- Strong Java, SQL (Sybase or DB2/UDB or MS SQL Server), XML and Unix
- Knowledge of .net and Hibernate a plus
- Knowledge of Perl a plus
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and organized individual capable and experienced managing multiple tasks.
- Role will consist of gathering specifications, doing design, code, test, and implementation of systems in support of the AIMS business.
- The candidate will also become part of the regular support rotation, spending 1 week every 5-6 weeks on support for user queries and nightly batch processes.
- Project will include development work supporting the hedge fund platform, building an aggregation layer of external hedge fund manager positions for daily risk and performance analytic reporting.
The Central Funding group was created to provide IMD with an independent group focused on funding, liquidity, cash management and creditor relations. Given market events over the last year, Central Funding has focused initially on IMD’s Hedge Fund businesses. The group has faced new challenges as it extends its focus to more of IMD’s products and businesses. The IT build for this group includes several new applications and strategic changes to GSAM architecture to consolidate data across multiple GSAM desks, manage locate requests for short sales, facilitate intelligent trade routing to Prime Brokers, build out our repo trading capability and create customizable daily liquidity and exposure reporting.